Top 5 Spring Cleaning Tips for College Students
OSWEGO, NY - With Spring break drawing to a close and the official start to the new season beginning this week, there is no better time than now to get started on your ‘spring cleaning.’
Premier Living Suites, SUNY Oswego’s prime destination for off-campus college housing, offers several tips to help you and friends tidy up and clear out the clutter this spring. .
1. CLEAR YOUR SCHEDULE - Chances are, your spring cleaning project might take longer than you think. Clear your schedule and plan for a day when you don’t have any classes. Usually, students find themselves busier than usual this time of year.
2. START WITH THAT ‘CLOTHES PILE’ - You might find clothes take up most of your space. Begin by organizing clothing first. Perhaps make a ‘donation’ pile for those that no longer fit. Separate these from the clothes you do wear. Make separate piles for each. When you finish organizing, place your preferred clothing on hangers and stow away in your closet. Your floor should look a whole lot cleaner now.
3. TOSS THE FOOD YOU AREN’T GOING TO EAT - Find yourself aimlessly wandering around your dorm or apartment looking for food that you know is never going to show up? Maybe you open your fridge or cabinet and that same food you’ve known you won’t eat for months is still sitting there? Well, it’s probably expired now too. Throw it out and take a trip to the store to fill up on some new snack items. It’s never fun having an empty kitchen - nor is it healthy keeping old food around.
4. GET RID OF OLD PAPERWORK - As a college student, there’s nothing worse than having piles of homework, paperwork, or those old notes you don’t need anymore. Pull up a garbage bag, organize your folders and binders, and pitch the stuff that is no longer useful.
5. DO A DIGITAL CLEANING - In our ever-growing digital age, chances are your Google Drive is stuffed full of writing pieces, projects, and half-baked ideas. Move any files you don’t need to the recycle bin and store your key materials in appropriate folders.
Whatever spring cleaning you decide to do, stay focused and stick with it. You’ll be glad you did. Once done, you can kick back, breathe easy, and enjoy a clean and comfortable home!
Not yet a resident? Find your home away from home at Premier Living Suites today. Contact us to learn more.